We all need help from time to time. No one here will look down on you for seeking that help. In fact, we respect you for it. Plus, as we grow in knowledge of your life, we’ll likely grow in love and compassion for you. You’ll be more real to us.
Because the Bible is our guide in all things, as you meet with a pastor or a leader from our church, expect to hear biblical principles and feedback. Because we care for you, our greatest concern is that we hear what God would say to your situation. Of course, in addition to addressing the acute pain of your current difficulty, we might also talk about your overall spiritual health, because your counseling appointment with a pastor cannot be a substitute for the benefit derived from personally walking with Jesus and being involved in Christian community.
Also, understand who we are. We are pastors, not professional counselors. This implies two limitations:
(1) You may be dealing with some difficulties that have complexity or depth beyond our area of expertise. In that case, we will refer you to a counselor who is more trained in those areas.
(2) Our schedules are not wholly dedicated to counseling appointments, so we usually meet with a congregant once, for approximately an hour. If there is further need for input, we will then refer to a mentor in our congregation or to a professional, biblically-based counselor as needed.
To maximize our time, please do two things:
(1) Please read the Terms and Conditions below.
(2) Then click the link at the bottom to give us some background info. This will trigger a contact to schedule your appointment. By filling out that form, you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions.
We look forward to meeting with you. We pray it will be used by God to bless you and help you. He cares for you. He loves you.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Our office hours are 9am-5pm, Monday – Thursday. We are sometimes able to accommodate a meeting outside those hours, but that is an exception. Expect you’re your appointment will likely fall within these normal office hours.
- Please value the time of the person with whom you are meeting. Make it a priority to show up and be on time for your appointment. If for some reason you cannot make it, please cancel your appointment as soon as you realize you are unable to attend.
- We don’t provide childcare during your appointment. Please make provision for childcare ahead of time. Having unsupervised children in our building is not a feasible solution.
- We hold the confidentiality of what you share in the highest regard. Confidentiality is a vital component in counseling, and we want you to feel safe in that. However, please be aware:
- A case may be discussed with other mentors, pastors or other professionals, but only to the degree necessary to find further solutions to the problem. All such consultations are conducted with the highest standards of biblical ethics.
- If the counselor feels that you or another person is in danger of harm, out of the love for you and others involved, confidentiality would be broken to protect the vulnerable party. Such breaches of confidentiality are not limited to, but could occur for the following:
- A disclosure of child abuse;
- A disclosure of elder or dependent adult abuse;
- A disclosure of spousal abuse;
- A disclosure that you present a serious risk of harm to yourself;
- A disclosure that you present a serious risk of harm to another person;
- A disclosure required by a subpoena or other court order from a local, state, or federal agency or court.
- In consideration of the offer and provision of counseling from Redemption Chapel, you agree to release, waive, discharge, covenant not to sue, and hold harmless Redemption Chapel and its agents (pastors, officers, servants, mentors, and employees) from any and all liability, claims, demands, actions and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or relating to any loss, costs, damage or injury, that may be sustained by you, or to any property belonging to you, while participating in biblical counseling. By submitting this form, you agree that it is your expressed intent that this release shall bind the members of your family and spouse, and your heirs, assigns and personal representative, and shall be deemed as a Release, Waiver, Discharge and Covenant Not to Sue the above named.
Thanks for sifting through that mumbo-jumbo. It’s necessary. But, it’s not the most important stuff. What’s most important right now? You are hurting. We care greatly for you and what you are going through. We pray that you find hope and healing in Christ as you walk through this. The Redemption Chapel family would count it a great privilege if we can play any part in that. We look forward to hearing from you.