FINANCIAL PEACE UNIVERSITY
- We all need a plan for our money. Financial Peace University (FPU) is that plan! It teaches God’s ways of handling money. Through video teaching, class discussions and interactive small group activities, FPU presents biblical, practical steps to get from where you are to where you’ve dreamed you could be. This plan will show you how to get rid of debt, manage your money, spend and save wisely, and much more!
Our heart is to help anyone in need of financial coaching, regardless of income and at no cost. Our coaches are volunteers who have been trained in teaching God’s people how to honor Him with their finances.
DEVELOP A BUDGET IN 3 EASY STEPS:
1. DETERMINE YOUR CURRENT INCOME & SPENDING:
- Record your income and spending by category for the next 30 days
- Or, access the information for the past 30 days from your operating accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, etc.)
- Assign each expense a category
- Add all expenses for each category to get the total
(Download and use tracking by category form)
2. CREATE YOUR BUDGET
3. LIVE THE BUDGET
A lot of words and phrases can be thrown around when you discuss finances. Check out this great Q&A from Compass to make things simpler.
DEBT SNOWBALL CALCULATOR
Use this Debt Snowball Calculator for a rapid debt reduction plan. The instructions on how to use it can be found on the “Notes” tab of this Excel worksheet.