Baby Dedications are sweet and fun. We do them for five reasons:
• Rejoice – Our congregation celebrates with the parents.
• Thank – We express our gratitude to God for this gift of new life.
• Commit – The parents commit before God to do their best to raising the child well, particularly to bring the child up in the knowledge of the Gospel, in hopes that someday that child will place his or her faith in Christ and be baptized. In this way, it’s really more of a Parent Dedication, because the baby commits to nothing.
• Help – The congregation commits to surround the parents with love, support, encouragement and prayer.
• Pray – We ask for God’s continued blessing on the baby and parents.
Typically, baby dedication services are held twice per year. A meeting for parents is held on a Sunday preceding the dedication. A detailed explanation of baby dedication is presented, and parents are free to ask any questions they may have.
The baby dedication service is designed for children under two years old, and you are not required to be a member of our church to participate.
May 2: There will be a mandatory parent meeting at 11am in the Meeting Place.
May 16: Baby Dedication in both services.
Baby dedication is not the same as baptism. Redemption Chapel does not baptize babies since they are not able to make decisions about repentance and salvation. The Bible makes it clear that a person should repent and believe before being baptized.